"We love beer, that's why we're Master Brewers"
~ Paul Buttrick & Derek Orford
Brewing Consultants and Master Brewers
Paul Buttrick BSc, MSc, M Brew, FIBD
In 2005, after 31 varied years with Whitbread and AB-Inbev in mainstream brewing, I decided to work independently as a Brewing Consultant, working with many of the ‘new wave’ craft/microbreweries. My extensive knowledge and experience in many different beer styles has been invaluable to many aspiring Craft Brewers.
Derek Orford BSc, M Brew, Beer Sommelier
After 30 years brewing with Whitbread, Heineken, and Lion Nathan, I began working in the craft/microbrewery sector in 2012, initially helping out local brewers, then as a part-time or interim Head Brewer & Beer Sommelier at other breweries. I also created my own brand, with various beer styles made with novel ingredients, sold at Farmers Markets, and have audited breweries under the SIBA FSQ scheme.
Get in Touch...
Our aims on becoming brewing consultants:
- To help people involved in the world of beer, by giving and sharing knowledge, experience and enthusiasm gained in a long and varied brewing career.
- To help breweries increase their sales and profitability by improving the taste and quality of their beers and cost effectiveness of their business.
- To help people brew really good beer: ales, lagers, specialities.
Our philosophy on brewing and running a successful beer company is straightforward:
- Keep everything as simple and straightforward as possible.
- Brew and sell beer which has character and is consistently high quality.
- Brew and sell beer customers will enjoy and come back for time and time again.
- Keep a careful eye on what customers are saying about your beers, so you can better respond to their needs.